This resort enjoys a stunning location between the two coral islands of Motu Piti Aau. It is one of the most luxurious resorts on Bora Bora, providing an idyllic setting along the white sandy beach. An environmentally friendly resort, it uses great care and revolutionary technology to protect its surroundings and to provide comfort to its clients. Bora Bora airport is a 20-minute boat ride away.
One of the incredible things about the Intercontinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa is that all the villas are over water. Their designs are unique and combine Polynesian tradition and contemporary style. All offer the following room facilities: air conditioning, ceiling fan, deck, bathroom with bathtub and shower, bathrobes, hair dryer, flat screen TV with cable and movie channel, CD player, DVD player, Internet access, mini bar, coffee/tea facility, safe, living room, glass bottom table and direct access to lagoon.
Each villa has 65 m² of indoor space and a 30 m² deck area from which you step into the warm lagoon. Maximum of 4 adults or 5 people including adult and children up to 15 years.
- 19 Emerald Overwater Villas : located close to the resort buildings and the beach (water depth is 1m to 1,20m)
- 22 Sapphire Overwater Villas: situated between the Emerald and Diamond Villas, with remarkable views over the the lagoon. (water depth is 1,20m to 1,50m)
- 25 Diamond Overwater Villas: located furthest out from the resort, provides absolute peace, with views of the lagoon. (water depth is 1,80m or more)
- 6 Diamond Otemanu Overwater Villas: facing Mount Otemanu (water depth is 1m to 1,20m)
- 8 Diamond End of Pontoon Overwater Villas: located at the end of the connection teak walkways offering unobstructed views and absolute peace. (water depth is 1,80m or more)
- 3 Motu Family Suites: isolated from the rest of the hotel, with 118.80 m² of quiet space in the coconut grove. Maximum of 5 people including adults and children up to 15 years.
Le Reef Restaurant offers a number of excellent seafood options including local delicacies like lobster. It gives diners the choice to eat in air conditioned comfort or to enjoy an al fresco dining experience for either breakfast or dinner.
Le Sands Restaurant – beach side, has lunch and dinner options and is a more casual setting. It benefits from its beachfront location offering beautiful views and a variety of exotic cocktails. Bubbles Bar is the perfect place to relax and unwind and offers plenty of comfortable seating and a long list of drinks and light refreshments.
Sports and Wellness
There is an excellent fitness center on the premises that is open 24 hours a day. It has a number of resistance and cardiovascular machines. There is a Turkish bath, tennis courts and plenty of options for water sports like kayaking, canoeing, snorkeling and scuba diving. You can try different activities like shark feeding or tours by helicopter or under the water where you can view the colourful fish up close or simply relax by the magnificent pool. Of course, the spa is second to none and offers intriguing services like deep sea water rejuvenation. It has a unique Balneotherapy and Thalassotherapy center designed by Dr Treguer who created Monaco’s thermal baths.
One of the great things about this resort is that it is extremely eco-friendly. The air conditioning system for instance uses deep sea water to cool the resort and they have a strong commitment to the environment. It also has the advantage of being tied to its sister resort, the Intercontinental Le Moana so guests can take advantage of both facilities and charge activities back to their room. A shuttle also goes between the two resorts regularly.